Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crocheted

Have you seen all the amazing crocheted rocks all over? Here or Here! I love the idea of taking items out of nature and enhancing them like this!
But here was my dilemma, I didn't want to buy my rock...I wanted to find one. Being smack dab in the middle of the U.S.A. we don't get to too many areas that might have these rounded lovelies. So my rock is square-ish.
(front)
We have been heading to Osage Beach for a couple of summers now and we collect rocks when we spend time at the lake. Zoe has no sensor when it comes to this, so I have to make some last minute decisions when bringing them home. I plan to make a place for the rocks, stones, shells, etc. we collect throughout the years. But, displaying them with a 2 year old in the house right now , to me, is not a very bright idea. Hmmm...I got off track. Where was I? Oh yes, my square-ish rock. I simply made the best of what I have and guess what?!
(back)
I think I love it!
The crochet thread was given to me after my Great Grandmother passed away. I have more and am now thinking I may need to add crochet to other items....pillow cases, napkins, driftwood?!?!

I participate in Simply Designing's Link Party

1 comment:

  1. Looks great - Crochet on the pillow case is on my list too:)

    ReplyDelete